Whether you’re a coffee connoisseur or a newbie who’d like to learn a little more about this popular beverage, come join us for this authentic and intimate coffee tasting experience.
SOLD OUT – Sign up for the Joylister email list to find out next upcoming dates for this workshop.
There’s more to making coffee than resorting to your usual filter drip coffee makers.
At this upcoming Joylister event in partnership with Seven Grams Espresso Bar, you
will experience and get to taste firsthand:
- 5 different brewing methods (siphon, trifecta, pour over, French press, and cold drip)
- 3 unique espresso beans to compare flavour notes of each
- Coffee and food pairing with a selection of savoury treats
- Impressive latte art
How well do you know your coffee?
This coffee tasting adventure begins with an exploration of the complex flavour notes of espresso beans through the use of 5 brewing methods:
- Siphon: a delicate process originating from the 1830s, involving vapor pressure and vacuum using two chambers to produce coffee.
- Trifecta: a high-tech, custom brewed machine involving air pressure to extract a full flavoured, uniform single-cup of coffee at the control of expert baristas.
- Pour Over: a meticulous hand pouring method made famous from Japan.
- French Press: a simple method using a plunger pot to press hot water through coarse ground coffee to produce full bodied, rich flavours.
- Cold Drip: a long drawn-out extraction process requiring 4+ hours to produce coffee using drops of cold water.
Why Seven Grams?
- Enhance your coffee repertoire: You’ll learn and taste first hand the difference a brewing method can make on the overall body and flavour of coffee. It’s like watching a science experiment unfold!
- Discover your sweet spot: With different flavour notes uncovered with every cup, find your ideal brewing method and espresso bean combination so you can enjoy it time and time again.
- Share your passion for coffee: Immerse yourself in Seven Gram Espresso Bar’s beautiful interior space at this private, closed-door event with fellow coffee lovers.
About Seven Grams Espresso Bar
Seven Grams Espresso Bar is nothing like your run-of-the-mill coffee chain. Founder Heran Choi designed the two-level boutique space (and outdoor patio) to reflect a lifestyle full of art, literature, and conversation.
Heran has a passion for supporting local artists on the walls of her unique space, as well as the quality of the coffee her expert baristas prepare.
The name Seven Grams originated from the measure of ground coffee used to pull the perfect espresso shot. From the multitude of brewing methods offered at this indie café, much attention to detail and care is put into every cup of coffee served.
- LOCATION: Seven Grams @ 131 Avenue Rd., Toronto (between Davenport Rd. and Yorkville Ave. on the east side of Avenue Rd.)
- DATE & TIME: Saturday, March 23rd @ 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- PARKING: There is free parking on the small side street of Webster Ave. after 5pm. There is also paid street parking along Avenue Rd.
- BY TTC: Get off at Bay Subway Station > Walk 300m west on Bloor St. or Cumberland St. > Then walk 550m north on Avenue Rd. until you reach Seven Grams Espresso Bar (on the east side)
- PRICING: Per Person $25 + HST
Problems? Questions? Contact us:
If you have problems, concerns or just questions about anything at all, please email us at:
help [at] joylister [dot] com
…and we’ll get back to you as soon as we humanly can!